Parsha Masei: Numbers 33:1-36:13, Jeremiah 2:4-28;4:1-2, James 4:1-12

To our 9:00 am Shabbat Ark of Prayer and the Mishpacha within,

This week’s parsha is Masei: Numbers 33:1-36:13, Jeremiah 2:4-28;4:1-2, James 4:1-12

Masei is Hebrew for “Journeys”. I believe that journeys are both physical and spiritual. We see both of those components in this week’s parsha

In my food related recovery program, I make a gratitude list from time to time. I also make a list of the things that G-d has done for me in my life. These lists include the people, places and things as well as the lessons that I have learned that G-d has put into my life and for which I am grateful.

Taking the time to make these lists helps me to be patient, strong, focused, humble and kind under duress.

Psalms 77 is a favorite of mine because it shows Asaph crying out to the L-rd in despair and then being comforted by remembering all the L-rd’s deeds and past acts of faithfulness. This Psalm is a reminder to me as well that the L-rd is faithful to me also.

We see a similar reminder in Numbers where Moses, at the L-rd’s direction, has kept a written record of their wilderness journey. I believe that Moses reviews this with them, on the eve of their entry into the Promised Land, because it was important that he reaffirm that G-d has not only been with them but protected and provided for them since they left Egypt.

Remembering past acts of faithfulness is important to growing trust in a relationship. Without trust, I can not move forward which always requires at least some risk taking.

You can image that you would not dangle over a cliff unless you trusted the rope to hold you. So it is the same way with me as I can not put my trust in any relationship, including one in the L-rd, unless I can count on its inherent faithfulness and good will.

Trust based on previous faithfulness, allows me to give the benefit of the doubt, or even decide not to be offended and offer forgiveness, when I am in a position where I am in conflict with another. Trust always opens up quicker and more complete conflict resolution.

This type of trust in G-d, also means that if G-d answers my prayers with “No” or “Not now”, and leaves me in pain, I can assume that He is good, that, even though I do not understand it, the results I received are as G-d intended and are the best for me and those around me.

As a result, I am more often able to have peace under duress and I am more connected to G-d and His guidance.

I hope any of you that are able, will join the 9:00 am Shabbat Teva Tefillah. We pray for the Temple, for Israel and our government.

Blessings to you and yours.

Your brother in Yeshua in the TEVA TEFILLAH,

Kurt

22 comments (Add your own)

1. wrote:
Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News.
Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?

I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get
there! Many thanks

Mon, May 6, 2019 @ 12:49 PM

2. wrote:
Attractive part of content. I simply stumbled upon your
weblog and in accession capital to claim that
I get in fact loved account your weblog posts.
Any way I'll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you get admission to
persistently fast.

Thu, May 9, 2019 @ 7:49 PM

3. wrote:
My brother suggested I may like this website. He was entirely right.
This post actually made my day. You can not imagine just
how so much time I had spent for this information! Thank you!

Fri, May 10, 2019 @ 7:29 PM

4. wrote:
It's actually a great and helpful piece of info. I am glad that you shared this helpful information with us.
Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

Mon, May 13, 2019 @ 2:29 AM

5. wrote:
What's up, all is going perfectly here and ofcourse every one is sharing facts, that's in fact excellent, keep up writing.

Mon, June 10, 2019 @ 9:56 AM

6. wrote:
Hello, I enjoy reading through your post. I wanted to write a little comment
to support you.

Fri, June 14, 2019 @ 6:45 AM

7. wrote:
It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy.
I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or tips.
Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article.
I wish to read even more things about it!

Fri, June 21, 2019 @ 11:17 PM

8. wrote:
I am truly thankful to the owner of this web page who has shared this enormous piece of writing at here.
pof natalielise

Thu, July 25, 2019 @ 12:16 AM

9. wrote:
I got this web site from my friend who told me on the topic
of this website and at the moment this time I am visiting this web page and reading very informative articles or reviews here.

Thu, July 25, 2019 @ 12:48 AM

10. wrote:
Hurrah, that's what I was seeking for, what a material!

existing here at this webpage, thanks admin of this web
site.

Tue, August 13, 2019 @ 4:04 AM

11. wrote:
I savor, lead to I found exactly what I was having a look for.
You have ended my four day lengthy hunt!
God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

Sun, August 18, 2019 @ 8:10 PM

12. wrote:
Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
You definitely know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting
videos to your weblog when you could be giving us something informative to read?

Thu, September 5, 2019 @ 2:58 AM

13. wrote:
Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your site, how can i subscribe for a blog
website? The account helped me a acceptable
deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept

Mon, September 9, 2019 @ 12:23 AM

14. wrote:
Thanks in favor of sharing such a pleasant thinking,
post is good, thats why i have read it fully

Mon, September 16, 2019 @ 9:26 AM

15. wrote:
Link exchange is nothing else but it is just placing the other person's web site link on your page at
proper place and other person will also do similar
in support of you.

Tue, September 17, 2019 @ 8:38 PM

16. wrote:
Hello, I read your new stuff regularly. Your story-telling style is
witty, keep doing what you're doing!

Wed, September 18, 2019 @ 12:28 PM

17. wrote:
It's an amazing paragraph in favor of all the online people; they will
get benefit from it I am sure.

Wed, September 25, 2019 @ 4:20 AM

18. wrote:
Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after
checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Anyhow, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking
back often!

Thu, September 26, 2019 @ 12:40 AM

19. wrote:
It's difficult to find educated people in this particular
subject, but you sound like you know what you're talking about!

Thanks

Thu, September 26, 2019 @ 1:28 PM

20. wrote:
Heya excellent website! Does running a blog like this take a great deal of work?
I have very little expertise in programming however
I had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyways, should you have any
ideas or tips for new blog owners please share. I know
this is off subject but I simply had to ask. Kudos!

Wed, October 2, 2019 @ 6:13 AM

21. wrote:
Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading
it, you are a great author. I will always bookmark your blog and will come back down the road.
I want to encourage continue your great writing, have a nice holiday
weekend!

Fri, October 11, 2019 @ 3:35 AM

22. wrote:
When I originally commented I clicked the
"Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several e-mails with the same comment.
Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks a lot!

Mon, October 14, 2019 @ 10:39 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.