Pray for Guidance and Insight So You Can
Answer the 4 Questions Below
At TAJ we have a story to tell; Of community, Of shared purpose and commitment, Of celebration, Of comfort, love and security during difficult times.
Now that we have put down roots in Fullerton and are no longer nomads, we believe HaShem will be building on the foundation that He has laid at TAJ over all these years.
G-d speaks His plans through all of us in various ways.
Because He always provides all the resources necessary to accomplish His plans, looking at the people that attend here and the various ways He has impassioned and equipped everyone is one clue as to His plans.
Noticing our on-going ministries and our hopes for future ministries is another piece towards understanding what He has in mind.
At the leadership meeting we will be asking you to answer these four questions:
1) What do I like / value about TAJ, including our activities, ministries & congregation?
a. This tells us what G-d has built
2) What do I find problematic at TAJ?
a. This shows us the areas G-d may want us to fix or grow in.
3) In 5 years (60 months) what do I see G-d saying TAJ should have built and or maintained for our ministries, values and community connections?
a. This points us towards the direction G-d wants us to travel.
4) During the next 18 months, what steps do I see G-d saying TAJ should take to make progress towards the results He wants in 5 years?
a. This tells us our first steps to take to get to the 5 year destination
Between now and the June 5 meeting, please ask HaShem to give you direction about what He wants to see happening at TAJ in the next 18 months to 5 years. We are not looking for ideas but direction provided to you from G-d.
Rabbi Corey and the Elders are also asking for their own guidance and will be answering the questions during the meeting, but what HaShem tells you about TAJ and your own ministry is also important.
Please try to come to the meeting with written answers to these questions. Like at our last meeting, each of you will read your answers and we will write them down to find the overlapping emphasis of G-d’s leading.
Some of you may ask, “How do we receive G-d's guidance in our lives?” Or, “How do we distinguish the voice of the L-rd from the noise of the world?”
Here are some different ways that we can hear from G-d:
- Through the Word of G-d - the Bible. The psalmist declares "Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light for my path". (Ps 119:105, WEB)
- By the Spirit of G-d, for there's a promise - the Holy Spirit will guide us into all truth (if we let Him!) (John 16:13)
- Through others. This might be by someone praying for you and receiving a word, prophecy or perhaps a picture for you. But it might also be through a chance conversion or even a random stranger! (G-d is not just restricted to speaking through Messianics)
- Through the beauty of nature and G-d's creation:-"The heavens declare the glory of G-d. The expanse shows his handiwork. Day after day they pour forth speech, and night after night they display knowledge". (Ps 19:1-2, WEB)
We also “hear” in a sense through our passions and skills that G-d has provided to us: - “Now Bezalel and Oholiab, and every skillful person in whom the Lord has put skill and understanding to know how to perform all the work in the construction of the sanctuary, shall perform in accordance with all that the Lord has commanded." (Ex 36:1, NASB95)